We Need to Talk!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to adequately prepare my child for primary school?

2 posters

Go down

How to adequately prepare my child for primary school? Empty How to adequately prepare my child for primary school?

Post by mdmtan Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:49 am

I've been trying to explain to my child the significance of the first day of school. She doesn't seem to grasp this concept - she thinks she'll be going to kindergarten school with her classmates again. I'm afraid she'll suffer a huge shock on the first day of school in a completely new environment and won't be receptive. Also, are there any ways I can add on to her experience in primary school?

mdmtan

Back to top Go down

How to adequately prepare my child for primary school? Empty Just a suggestion...

Post by mummytong Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:57 am

Hi Mdm Ang! My daughter, Raye, is in primary three now, and she was also rather scared of the new environment two years ago. I suggest you take things slowly, as it’ll probably take her a while to settle in. I’m sure the teachers will do a good job of helping her adjust into a new curriculum. As for me, I usually actively involve myself in school activities – as part of the Parent Support Group, I gain knowledge of the school and its core values – I’ve also built rapport with some teachers in the school. I wish you all the best.

mummytong

Back to top Go down